Trending Games
Release Countdowns
Florida Man Death Clocks Funko PoP!



Baldurs Gate II Enhanced Edition 2.2 Database


1,000 Results
For Page 45



NumberText
46233If I wished a scene, I would have you flogged where you stand. For now, I will leave this be. It is unfinished, however.
46234I did not tell you this... and I certainly did not say his records are in his home northwest of the main government building in the Government District.
46235Nalia! I would ask that you drop this foolishness at once and return to your proper duties! Honor the commitment you made to me!
46236I made my opinion of you quite clear, Isaea. I will not change my mind now.
46237Then I have little choice but to forcefully show you the error of your ways. Nalia de'Arnise, I place you under arrest by order of the Amnian army.
46238What?!
46239You are a danger to yourself and your lands. You have not been thinking straight since your father died. It is for your own good!
46240Who are you to decide that?! By what right?!
46241I have every right. I am an officer in the army and a liaison to the nobility. It is my function to see that everyone is well in their proper station.
46242You have demonstrated that you are under some strange influence, and I must act to protect you.
46243This is madness! <CHARNAME> will stop you!
46244No, <PRO_HESHE> will not. I act with full sanction of the military. Even if you were the type to attack guards, you would not survive the result.
46245No, I am simply going to walk away, and there is nothing you can do. To attack would mean your death, as I am a respected officer.
46246I will find a way to stop you! This affects me personally now!
46247I will risk all manner of death to stop you!
46248This will delay my own plans considerably! You have made a dangerous enemy!
46249Bleat as you must, but Nalia is under arrest. I will secrete her away so that you and your ilk can no longer poison her mind.
46250Don't take it so hard; I am just better than you. Oh, feel free to lodge a complaint to the proper authority. That... would be me.
46251There is no risk! It is a certainty! I am the word of law at this moment! You cannot touch me! This is my will, and you will obey it!
46252Mourners in search of the Lord de'Arnise ceremony? If you are, please enter the door behind me.
46253Lord de'Arnise was quite important, and his service is to be held on the upper partition of the tombs.
46254Do stand away from me; I find your presence here an insult as it is. Lord de'Arnise slummed around entirely too much, if you ask me.
46255We had to find sun gems so the doors of darkness that the Shade Lord had placed along our path could be opened. They can be acquired if one passes Amaunator's tests.
46256We searched for the three parts of the key to the door that leads to the horror that the Shade Lord commands.
46257Ta'risslysa, ss'uri! Ssivilis y russyla!
46258Vass, ss'uri! Vass! Illuryssallya mer temas vur pasynar ssaraii!
46259Lady Tandolan of Um
46260Lady Tandolan of Um
46261Lord Farthington Roenall
46262Lord Farthington Roenall
46263Lord Milsire Donderbeg
46264Lord Milsire Donderbeg
46265Shur'e...
46266Es ss'uri net rylliaren. A'sook, Feerlattiys.
46267Vass mae'nyarlu, sya ss'uri muss rylliaren!
46268A'sook, a'sook...
46269Minister Adelain
46270Minister Adelain
46271So can it understand me now, High Priestess? It must be able to understand! The king awaits!
46272Isaea Roenall
46273Barg
46274I heard you the first time, Feerlattiys. And yes, I have called on Sekolah to grant these beings the ability to understand our tongue.
46275Barg
46276So... it understands, High Priestess? Is... is it dangerous to us? Shall we be forced to collar it?
46277The surface beings are varied in their ways, Feerlattiys, but they are quite intelligent. You can, I am sure, speak to the creatures directly.
46278My apologies. Captain Feerlattiys performs well as protector of our Shark-Father's temple, but has little experience with your kind.
46279I am sure this must come as a shock to you after your recent harrowing experience. You must brace yourselves, soft ones, for your journey gets no easier.
46280High Priestess, we must take the surface beings before the king! He commands it!
46281In good time, Feerlattiys. Allow them to gain their bearings and discover why we have brought them here. Otherwise, they may resort to hostilities.
46282No... no, that must not be allowed...
46283Indeed. Sekolah has spoken of these ones to us, so let us treat them not as prisoners for the banquet table. Let us instead make them welcome.
46284I shall introduce myself to you. I am Senityili, royal high priestess of Sekolah. And you are in the City-of-Caverns, one of our most ancient places.
46285Activates an item
46286Minor Spell Sequencer
46287Isaea's Financial Statements
46288Isaea's Financial Statements
46289Isaea's Signet Ring
46290Isaea's Signet Ring
46291You are fortunate, surface-dwellers. In the normal course of things, creatures captured from the sun lands would be dinner for our plate.
46292This once, however, is different. Sekolah has told of your coming in an ancient prophecy, and I have scried that you are whom the Shark-Father speaks of.
46293The most exalted King Ixilthetocal calls for the presence of the prophesied ones now, but there is time for you to ask questions if you have the desire.
46294What manner of creature are you?
46295This document contains a register of slaves recently sold to this outpost of slave lords located in the Temple District. It also bears a signature in wax, pressed by a signet ring. It is the greater crest of the family Roenall, along with the individualized markings of Isaea Roenall. This is damning evidence if it is to be believed.
46296What is this prophecy you speak of?
46297Where is this City-of-Caverns? Where am I, exactly?
46298I demand to be released at once! I will not submit to whatever you plan for me!
46299Your kind has many names for us, I believe. We are called the sea devils and our eel-kin the anguiliians, although I believe the merman word is most prevalent: sahuagin...
46300We are the raiders of the shores and hunters without equal, surface <PRO_MANWOMAN>. We please the Shark-Father with our ruthlessness and our cunning.
46301As I said, you are lucky to live... and it galls us that the prophecy calls on surface-dwellers to aid us.
46302What is this prophecy you speak of?
46303Where is this City-of-Caverns? Where am I, exactly?
46304I demand to be released at once! I will not submit to whatever you plan for me!
46305You are in a great cavern of air, far beneath the surface of the sea. This is where we have made our city and where we have ruled for countless generations.
46306There is no escape, surface-dweller. The only exits from the City-of-Caverns lie up through the depths in which you cannot live... or down into the Underdark.
46307What manner of creature are you?
46308What is this prophecy you speak of?
46309I demand to be released at once! I will not submit to whatever you plan for me!
46310Calm yourself, surface <PRO_MANWOMAN>. There is no escape, and you live only at my insistence that you are the ones Sekolah has called to us in his prophecy.
46311Continue to agitate yourself, and I will be forced to admit that I was wrong. The consequences could be... harsh... for us both.
46312Very well. Tell me what manner of creature you are, then.
46313Tell me exactly where I am, then.
46314I wish to know more of this prophecy you speak of, then.
46315What do you mean, "for us both"?
46316I shall take my chances! Put up your arms, then, if you have the courage!
46317Ah, yes, the prophecy. Sekolah visited the City-of-Caverns long ago... all raised their arms in rejoicing as the Great Shark's song filled our hearts.
46318Sekolah told of a time when the City-of-Caverns would be no more. He also told of signs that would precede the arrival of surface-dwellers in the depths.
46319Sekolah said these surface-dwellers would be all that stood between the City-of-Caverns and destruction, and we would do well to watch for them.
46320We... sahuagin, as you call us... have watched and waited from our temples here in the city. The signs have come, surface <PRO_MANWOMAN>, and now you are here.
46321You have come... and the City-of-Caverns does, indeed, stand on the brink of destruction. You will save us, as Sekolah has promised.
46322Most sacred Senityili, the most exalted one will wait no longer! We must bring the surface beings to him quickly lest we be punished!
46323The most honored Ixilthetocal will not punish us, good Feerlattiys. But... we must hurry lest Tlyysixxous convince the king of her views in my absence.
46324So, surface <PRO_MANWOMAN>. You have heard me tell of the prophecy and your role in it. Will you see the king of the sahuagin to hear more? Or will you struggle?
46325I will go voluntarily for now.
46326I have more questions to ask of you first.
46327I will not save an evil race such as yourself! You shall release me or die!
46328Amongst the sahuagin, to be wrong is to be dead. Not all of my kind believe you are the ones that Sekolah has promised, and I have staked much upon my claim.
46329Prove me wrong, and I will die. But you will die first, surface <PRO_MANWOMAN>.
46330Very well. Tell me what manner of creature you are, then.
46331Tell me exactly where I am, then.
46332I wish to know more of this prophecy you speak of, then.
46333I shall take my chances! Put up your arms, then, if you have the courage!
46334Then Sekolah calls for boldness from us! Kill them! Kill all of the surface creatures!
46335There is no time for more questions, surface <PRO_MANWOMAN>. You will learn more, in time, if you are intelligent. The most exalted beckons for your presence.
46336Very well, I will go with you.
46337No! I refuse to go! I shall fight you all, if I must!
46338Good. Captain Feerlattiys, we shall now proceed to the royal chambers. Lead us.
46339At once, most sacred one! I shall also bring the equipment collected from the sunken ship. If they pass the test, they may have any of the things that I've found.
46340We are here, most honorable Ixilthetocal... at your command.
46341And these... (hee hee!)... these are the strange creatures from the surface? (Hee hee!) These are the ones you claim the mighty Sekolah has promised us?
46342They are, most honorable one. The leader amongst them, here, is what I believe they refer to as a "<PRO_RACE>."
46343It seems most... most strange! They have no scales! Look how small and puny their teeth are!
46344You must kill it, most exalted one! They should not have remained alive! You must kill them, sacrifice them to the Shark-Father!
46345So you keep telling me, Baron Thelokassyil. Shall we turn away a gift of Sekolah, do you think, then?
46346The surface creatures are not sent by Sekolah, most exalted Ixilthetocal. They are not the ones spoken of in the Shark-Father's prophecy.
46347Oh?
46348They are nothing more than spurious beasts that have fallen into our lap. We should sacrifice them and feast upon their meat!
46349No! Most honorable Ixilthetocal, the signs were clearly seen! All has come to pass as Sekolah had foretold!
46350Not ALL the signs have come, Senityili.
46351I do not see what I wish to see, Tlyysixxous. I see only what Sekolah has shown me, and these ARE the saviors of the City-of-Caverns!
46352So... (hee hee!) We have a disagreement, do we? The high priestess and consort of my Baron Thelokassyil contests the belief of my own high priestess, does she?
46353I do, most honorable one.
46354Hello, friend. I see you enjoy a drink or two along with your fresh sea air?
46355Are you Barg? I am looking for a man named Barg.
46356Stand still, villain! I would talk to you about your master, Isaea!
46357She does. It is as we have been trying to tell you, Ixilthetocal... these creatures are no more worthy than a meat crab, meant for consumption and nothing more!
46358You... you have that right, <SIRMAAM>. Never met a bottle I didn't like. Nothing wrong with that, is there?
46359No, Ixilthetocal! Do not listen to them! They are sent by Sekolah, I swear! To refuse them is to pledge the City-of-Caverns to its destruction!
46360No, no, I was just wondering who provides it for you. Must be expensive.
46361Nothing, though I wonder who would employ you in such a state?
46362Oh, I shall be the judge of that, good Senityili. Oh, yes, I most surely shall!
46363(Tee hee hee!)
46364Not unless it comes from illegal sources. What say you about that?
46365Let me think now... er... yes! Yes, that is my name. What can I do for you, friend?
46366What do yoooouuu think, <PRO_RACE>? Yes, you. Do you think you are more worthy than a sea crab, hmmm? Do you think you are who the prophecy speaks of?
46367This ring bears the greater crest of the family Roenall, along with the individualized markings of Isaea Roenall specifically. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
46368Isaea's Slavery Document
46369Isaea's Slavery Document
46370Ohhh, don't yell quite so loud. Isaea? What do you want to know about him? Never liked the fellow much. Smells funny.
46371My source is as true with me and my fellows as can be. Nothing under the table there. Simple business arrangement.
46372Of course, the whole matter is not viewed as such by the guards, but it's an honorable trade amidst ourselves.
46373Isaea foots the bill. *hic* He's a right gent, if a bit too much fop in the britches. Want me to set you up with a job?
46374What does he pay you to do?
46375What business is he in?
46376Pirating, of course. Oh, the others'll be all quiet about it, but *hic* but I'm right proud. Keeps them merchants on their toes, hehe.
46377Bolumir of Tempus
46378Of course, that Isaea is into other things too, but me and the boys don't go in for slavery and such.
46379Me, I've never talked to that slaver contact, Dirth. Hey, what do you suppose they pay to get the guard to look the other way?
46380Well, I don't...
46381Must be thousands to overlook it. Wow, that's a lot. Anyway, I've never even talked to Dirth *hic* even though I spend hours in the Sea's Bounty. Ain't even far from here. Wanna drink?
46382Sure. What is it that you actually do?
46383What does that scoundrel pay you to do?!
46384Do you work for Isaea? What does that bastard pay you to do?
46385You are not my friend. Tell me, who pays for your bottles?
46386Thanks for the help. That's more than I needed to know.
46387You should think twice about your vocation. I'd hate to have to kill you for it.
46388I'm through with you, filthy pirate. Time to answer for your crimes!
46389*hic* Almost more than I know my... myself. Good travels to you, stranger.
46390I could be. I will help you if I can.
46391Don't *hic* go getting mad and all. Never harmed a soul in my life. Relieved a few of their purses, but never harmed 'em.
46392I don't know.
46393No, I don't. I would sooner slice you open than help your evil kind.
46394Ahh, you wouldn't understand.
46395Hey, what? *hic* Don't go getting mad! I never hurt a soul! Hon—*hic*—honest!
46396Err... yes, I am! Killing me would be a mistake!
46397Aha! Well now, that sounds promising. I wasn't aware we needed such help, but you never know when a tasty <PRO_RACE> might come in handy!
46398Rattell the Fence
46399You don't know if you have more worth than a sea crab? It's tempting to taste for myself. But then, a scrumptious <PRO_RACE> might come in handy...
46400Traveler's Rest
46401Well, the <PRO_RACE> has an admirable zest, I'll give it that. Sekolah would like such a vicious attitude, I think.
46402Well, now. Then it appears to be settled, doesn't it? By the <PRO_RACE>'s own petite mouth, it admits Sekolah has sent it.
46403Peddler
46404I don't suppose either of the most favored priestesses will change their minds? (Hee hee!) Relinquish their position in this arbitration, perhaps?
46405Most certainly not!
46406No, most honorable Ixilthetocal.
46407Ah, I didn't think so.
46408Khan Zahraa
46409So be it! We shall decide this with a challenge, we will! Although... not a challenge between our dear priestesses. That would solve nothing!
46410We wish to see if these surface beasts are truly the ones the Shark-Father has spoken of, yes? So I shall offer them the chance to prove their power!
46411Well, <PRO_RACE>? Will you take this challenge? Will you fight a creature of my choosing, a slave from the surface... and see if you survive?
46412Very well. I accept the challenge.
46413But... my colleagues and I are in need of rest and healing. Some of us were wounded during the ship battle...
46414And if I refuse?
46415Forget it! I would rather leave now!
46416Excellent! Excellent! Sport for us all! Take them away, and let us see what they do against our freakish surface slave!
46417Sekolah demands perseverance, strength, and self-reliance! But not stupidity... The priestesses shall heal you before you fight, surface <PRO_RACE>.
46418But rest you shall not get. We dislike sorcerous powers here, <PRO_RACE>, and you shall have no time to study them. Healing should be more than sufficient.
46419So, then! Do you agree, my tasty <PRO_RACE>... or... (hee hee!)... do you refuse?
46420I agree.
46421What happens if I refuse?
46422Pen and Parchment
46423I refuse! To the Abyss with you all!
46424Then you are not the ones the prophecy tells of. That would make you intruders, and intruders die. Oh, yes, they certainly do!
46425Very well... I shall accept your challenge, then.
46426But my colleagues and I are in need of healing and rest... some of us were wounded during the battle on the ship.
46427Then I refuse! And we shall see who dies...
46428Ooo! It seems you are proven wrong, Senityili! But we shall deal with you later, oh yes!
46429For now... (hee hee!)... kill the surface <PRO_RACE>! Kill them all! I wish their hearts on my dinner platter!
46430Congratulations, my wondrous little <PRO_RACE>! You are indeed a mighty specimen... and the one sent to us by Sekolah, I might add.
46431Wizard Eye
46432Deafness
46433Limited Wish
46434No! Most exalted Ixilthetocal, you cannot be serious!
46435Spook
46436Oh, stop complaining, Baron. So your high priestess lost the challenge; that's too bad. There's no need to go on whining about it.
46437Time to take her away for sacrifice! Try not to get caught in Sekolah's teeth, Tlyysixxous. I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate it.
46438Remove Magic
46439I... I see. Of course, most exalted Ixilthetocal.
46440Ahhh... Now that that little dispute is over with, perhaps we can get down to real business, eh? (Hee hee!) Are you bitter, Thelokassyil?
46441Contagion
46442N-no, most exalted one. As... as long as the prophesied ones deal with the rebels, they will have served the purpose Sekolah intended...
46443The rebels! That's right! And here I was on my coral throne, forgetting all about those rebels. That is an excellent task to set these surface-dwellers on!
46444Freedom
46445If... if I may speak, most honorable one, as to the Shark-Father's intentions?
46446Eh? Are you still here, Senityili? Didn't I just have you sacrificed?
46447That was Tlyysixxous, honorable Ixilthetocal.
46448Oh. How disappointing. Well, I suppose you can speak, then.
46449I urge you not to listen to the baron. He would have you destroy the rebels when there is a far greater need for them in the City-of-Caverns.
46450Our numbers dwindle, honorable Ixilthetocal. You have... exiled many. The hatcheries are barren, and there are too few females...
46451In short, our bloodline grows thin. We need these rebels to join us, to add their blood to ours so that the City-of-Caverns may grow strong again!
46452I see what you say, Senityili. Oh yes, I do.
46453We should have the rebel and his army join us... in principle. The drow and the illithids take more each year. I've no wish to retreat to the depths...
46454But, no. I'd rather have the rebel's heart.
46455But... but, honorable Ixilthetocal—!
46456Excellent decision, our king!
46457I thought you would like that, my baron, but I am not doing it for you. The rebel will invade with his army of exiles if he isn't stopped, you know.
46458So it comes down to you, surface <PRO_RACE>! I am sure you have no wish to help a race such as us. But if you've no objection to killing a few...
46459Hunt down the rebel leader for me, my <PRO_RACE>... bring me his heart, and I shall reward you with great riches!
46460Your kind does not object to sorcery? We have collected much that is magical during our raids. You are welcome to it ALL, if you bring me his heart.
46461So... what do you say to that, my surface <PRO_RACE>, chosen of Sekolah?
46462Who is this rebel, and where would I find him?
46463I would prefer to negotiate a peace, as the high priestess suggests.
46464I can't fight this rebel if I'm a prisoner.
46465Forget it. I shall do nothing for you, madman!
46466Oh, this particular one is a former rival for my position that I sent away years ago. What was his name again, my baron?
46467Prince Villynaty, exalted one.
46468Right. Villynaty. You can find the rebels outside the city. He should be no match for one as powerful as you, my little <PRO_RACE>.
46469Lady Yuth
46470Very well. I shall seek him out and return his heart for the reward you promised.
46471Lady Yuth
46472I would prefer to negotiate a peace, as the high priestess suggests.
46473I can't fight this rebel if I'm a prisoner.
46474Well, I don't want a peace. I want his heart. You're the chosen of Sekolah, after all. And the rewards would be magnificent, I can assure you.
46475Who is this rebel, and where would I find him?
46476I can't fight this rebel if I'm a prisoner.
46477Forget it. I shall do nothing for you, madman!
46478Very well. I will seek out this rebel and return his heart for the reward you've offered.
46479Hello there. I've been watching you since you entered... I suspect you may have need of my wares.
46480Prisoner? (Hee hee!) You are the chosen of Sekolah, my little surface <PRO_RACE>! You have been sent to us by the prophecy!
46481What is it that you sell?
46482After we're done here, you can wander off on your way... rest, rearm yourselves... whatever it is that you surface people enjoy doing, I suppose.
46483Soon, you'll leave the city and kill this rebel prince, saving the City-of-Caverns as the prophecy foretells! And I shall reward you with great riches!
46484Until that time, you will have the free run of the City-of-Caverns. Go where you wish, my good <PRO_RACE>.
46485B-but... but, most honored one! You wish to let them loose in the city?!
46486They are doing us a great service, my baron. I want everyone to treat them like... like... like oddly colored, small-toothed, skinny fellow sahuagin. Yes. Like that.
46487Very well. I will try to find this rebel you speak of and return his heart to you.
46488Who is this rebel, and where would I find him?
46489I would prefer to negotiate a peace, as the high priestess suggests.
46490Forget it. I shall do nothing for you, madman!
46491Oh well. I suppose it's the dinner plate for you, then. And I thought you were actually sent by Sekolah, too. Tsk. Kill them.
46492Good. The less rebels running about, the better. You shall save the city and be rewarded... everybody will be happy! Except for Villynaty.
46493And then you'll be free to go off to the Underdark, if that's where you're headed. Unless you'd care to try the oceans again, my little <PRO_RACE>!
46494But off you go, chosen ones. I desire meat now, and the king always dines in private.
46495Before you leave the city, surface beings, come to the temple and speak to me again. I can tell you things that will make your job much... easier.
46496Yes, our priestess shall tell you how to gain access to the rebel camp. The rebels are locked away with magic, you know. Go now and destroy them. (Hee hee!)
46497I refuse to do as you ask! I would rather take my chances and carve my way out of here with my blade.
46498Sahuagin Treasury Key
46499Treasury Key
46500Rebel's Orb
46501Rebel's Orb
46502Rebel's Heart
46503Rebel's Heart
46504King Ixilthetocal
46505King Ixilthetocal
46506Royal High Priestess Senityili
46507Royal High Priestess Senityili
46508Captain Alyittyl
46509No. I do not wish to speak to you, whatever you are. Send my favorite little surface <PRO_RACE> to speak to me. I find that one more amusing.
46510Captain Alyittyl
46511Aha! My favorite surface <PRO_RACE> wishes to speak to me once again! Do you have the heart of that rebel? I would so enjoy eating it now.
46512Yes, I have it here. The leader of the rebels is dead.
46513Senior Priestess Sallinithyl
46514Prince Villynaty
46515No, I do not have it yet. But I intend to get it.
46516No... but I wanted to tell you that your high priestess, Senityili, is plotting with the rebels to overthrow you.
46517Travel safely, then, and beware the Cowled Wizards.
46518No, I don't. And I refuse to do your bidding any longer, fish-man.
46519I don't think so, maybe another time.
46520Magical scrolls. Illegal, of course, which is why I must charge so much for them.
46521Oh! Ohhhh! The rebel prince is dead! Dead dead dead dead DEAD! You are a wonderful <PRO_RACE>! Isn't <PRO_HESHE> wonderful, my baron?
46522Er... yes, most honorable Ixilthetocal. A wonderful... er... <PRO_RACE>.
46523Exactly what I just said! Why are you repeating me? Ahhh, never mind. The point is, you've earned everything I'm giving you as a reward.
46524Have you no fear of the Cowled Wizards?
46525Prince Villynaty
46526I'll take a look at what you're offering.
46527Those pompous fools? They are as corrupt as anyone else in this city, if you know who to talk to. Now, are you interested or not?
46528Yes.
46529Spell Canceled: Cannot target spells on invisible or sanctuaried creatures.
46530Peddler? Bah—I have no need of fools like yourself. Good day.
46531Good. Take your time; magic is not something that should be rushed.
46532And since I received signs from Sekolah that you were returning, I had three of the guards sacrificed promptly for good measure.
46533Rebel
46534There. Now I suppose you want to know how to get to the surface. Well... if you haven't found it already, I'll show you the way. Follow me.
46535Rebel
46536Yes, yes, yes, YES! I knew this was coming, yes, I did. My men reported your return, and I asked Sekolah if it was done, and he told me that it was!
46537High Priestess Tlyysixxous
46538High Priestess Tlyysixxous
46539Captain Feerlattiys
46540Captain Feerlattiys
46541So I sacrificed a few hatchlings and a guard to the Shark-Father... and I had the rest of the guards prepare for the festival... there will be a feast tonight!
46542Baron Thelokassyil
46543Baron Thelokassyil
46544Not that we were planning on feasting on you, my favorite little <PRO_RACE>. No, no. You weren't planning on eating my <PRO_RACE>, were you, Baron?
46545Err... no. No, I wasn't planning on it, most honorable Ixilthetocal.
46546Liar. I heard you talking earlier. So go be a good baron and get the reward for my little <PRO_RACE> here. It has certainly deserved one, oh yes!
46547Oho! It is my surface <PRO_RACE>, come to me once again! And does it have... why, yes, I think I smell the ichor of a rebel! You have the heart with you!
46548Senior Priestess Sallinithyl
46549Most exalted one! Alarm! Alarm! The rebels... the prince... they have crept into the City-of-Caverns, and they are attacking!
46550What?! You... you have betrayed me, my <PRO_RACE>?! This cannot be!
46551I told you that the surface beasts could not be trusted!
46552Oh, shut UP, Thelokassyil! Just kill them! Kill them! I WANT ALL OF THEIR HEADS ON MY PLATE!
46553I knew my high priestess could not be trusted to speak for the Shark-Father. I smelled her treachery, my <PRO_RACE>! Senityili is dead... I was right all along!
46554Well, what are you waiting for?! The rebel awaits! I would like to BE there when he sees your hairy hides... but a king can't have everything. *sigh*...
46555What?! You must be joking! Is this some manner of surface-lander, hairy-skinned <PRO_RACE> joke? Is it joking with me, Baron?
46556Ah... no, most honorable one. I do not believe the <PRO_RACE> is speaking in jest...
46557Oh, what do you know?! *sigh* But the <PRO_RACE> IS the chosen of Sekolah, so it should know. Have the treacherous Senityili brought before me.
46558I have brought the sacred one, most honored Ixilthetocal, as you have commanded.
46559What is the meaning of this? Why have I been brought here?!
46560Well... it seems, Senityili, that you have been a very naughty... er, what does the <PRO_RACE> refer to us as again, Baron?
46561Sahuagin, most honorable one.
46562That's it! You have been a naughty sahuagin, Senityili... plotting with rebels. Tsk tsk. A good thing Sekolah has sent us loyal surface beings!
46563By Sekolah, <PRO_RACE>?! You have betrayed me? Why have you done this?! To what possible end would this serve you?!
46564And she admits her guilt! Ho hum. Well, kill her now, guards.
46565Amongst our kind, the strong rule... and I am far stronger than you, Senityili.
46566Now... go and kill that rebel, my little surface <PRO_RACE>. All this bloodletting has only served to whet my appetite. (Hee hee!)
46567That is most vicious of you, my little <PRO_RACE>. I like this side of you! But it is tiresome, too. Go hunt for the rebel, or I shall become annoyed.
46568Very well... I shall try my best.
46569I'll take my chances! I'd rather see you dead than continue to do your dirty work!
46570Good. Off you go then. I'm not getting any younger, you know.
46571Oh, all right, then. *sigh* I was so looking forward to making a meal of the rebel. I suppose you'll do, in a pinch.
46572Well, then! Here you go, my fortunate favored. The entrance to the Underdark. (Hee hee!) It goes a fair ways down, but it reaches the surface once again.
46573We could take you straight up, of course, but that would only bring you to the middle of the ocean... with none of your surfacer ships that you so depend on.
46574So... this is the only way back to your home. You seem to be in good with Sekolah, so you should do well against the drow and illithids and such. (Hee hee!)
46575You have killed the rebel, Prince Villynaty? Ahhh, I am a fool.
46576You are not the one who was prophesied to save us. Indeed, you have destroyed us! The prince and the exiles were our last chance to keep our bloodline strong!
46577You have sent us to a slow, rotting death, <PRO_RACE>! We shall grow weak and wither under the rule of our mad king!
46578I hope you are pleased with your treasure, and I pray that the damnable illithids feast upon your brain slowly! May Sekolah find you in a dark part of the ocean!
46579You killed the rebel, Prince Villynaty, didn't you? Ahhh, Senityili, my mother, was a fool!
46580You are not the one who was prophesied to save us. Indeed, you have destroyed us! The prince and the exiles were our last chance to keep our bloodline strong!
46581You have sent us to a slow, rotting death, <PRO_RACE>! We shall grow weak and wither under the rule of our mad king!
46582I hope you are pleased with your treasure, and I pray that the damnable illithids feast upon your brain slowly! May Sekolah find you in a dark part of the ocean!
46583Ahhh, yeees... So I am now the king of the City-of-Caverns! The mad tyrant is dead, and we are well rid of him! May Sekolah gnaw upon his bones for an eternity!
46584You have done our people a great service, <PRO_RACE>!
46585Greater perhaps than you even know. With Ixilthetocal dead, the exiles can now return to the City-of-Caverns. Where once our people grew weak, now they can become strong again.
46586Their blood will return to mix with the old, and only together can we protect our city from the advances of the illithids and the drow. Ixilthetocal was too mad to see what he was doing.
46587And now the City-of-Caverns is saved. The prophecy is completed... even if not quite the way that pale eel thought it would be, eh?
46588We owe you a debt, <PRO_RACE>. We are unfamiliar with your kind, but you are welcome amongst us. And you did more than was asked, bearing the brunt of the battle.
46589For that, I give you the first spoils of war. Take the treasury key from Ixilthetocal's corpse... use it to enter the city's treasury and take what you will.
46590I am feeling generous today... To enter the Underdark, you need the magic rope from the king's corpse. Use it to go down the pit behind my former throne.
46591Ah. It is good you have come to see me before you left. The king has made it clear I should instruct you as to how you may enter the prince's base.
46592Our king is mad. Surely your audience with him showed you this.
46593He is the result of... poor breeding. Like his father, he has executed or exiled far too many of our kind.
46594Our numbers are too few, our blood too thin. We must regain what we have lost. Prince Villynaty, the exiles' leader outside the city, is our only hope.
46595With the prince on the throne, we would be strong again... to fight the illithids and the drow. I have been in contact with the rebels, and now is the time to strike!
46596An offering for you, Sekolah! Open your mighty jaws and take this, your former servant, as sustenance for you!
46597We are mighty, Shark-Father! We strike without fear and without remorse! Take this gift as a measure of our power!
46598NOOOoooo!
46599What do you say, <PRO_RACE>? Surely you hold no love for our mad king. Help us survive lest we be swept away by the denizens of the Underdark!
46600What do you need me to do, exactly?
46601What makes you think I won't tell the king of your scheme?
46602The king's offered me a reward to kill this rebel... what are you offering me?
46603I've no interest in helping your race, period.
46604I only ask that you talk with Prince Villynaty, that is all. Listen to what he has to offer, and decide then what you shall do.
46605I will give you an orb the rebels will recognize... they will bring you to Villynaty. That is, of course, if you agree to talk instead of kill.
46606What makes you think I won't tell the king of your scheme?
46607The king's offered me a reward to kill this rebel... what are you offering me?
46608Very well... I agree to talk to this prince.
46609Forget it. I've no interest in this plan of yours.
46610You are not of our race... you owe him no allegiance. You have seen Ixilthetocal's state of mind... he may decide to kill you in the end anyway.
46611But if you do take this to the king... I cannot stop you, <PRO_RACE>. It will doom both myself and perhaps the City-of-Caverns as well, but I cannot stop you.
46612What do you need me to do, exactly?
46613The king's offered me a reward to kill this rebel... what are you offering me?
46614Very well. I shall do as you request.
46615Forget it, then. I've other plans.
46616I can offer you nothing myself. And I know that the exiles have little in the way of gold or magic that you might see as a suitable reward.
46617Still, I ask that you speak to the prince. Perhaps... perhaps he has some reward in mind. I... I beg of you, <PRO_RACE>! Do not let our mad king destroy my people!
46618What do you need me to do, exactly?
46619What makes you think I won't tell the king of your scheme?
46620Very well, I shall do as you ask.
46621I don't care what happens to your evil race, and I've no interest in your plan.
46622Then... then we are doomed. Go, then, and earn your reward from our king if you must. If he truly plans on giving it to you.
46623But if you have a change of heart, then I beg of you to return and tell me... and I shall arrange for a meeting with Villynaty. I... I pray that you do.
46624Good. Here is the orb. Keep it in your possession when you leave the City-of-Caverns. You will be approached by an exile to be brought to the prince.
46625I pray that you and the prince can come to an agreement... for the sake of all of my people. Go, then, and may Sekolah guard you from harm.
46626You return, surface <PRO_RACE>. Do you come to mock me, or have you had a change of heart? Will you speak to the prince as I have asked?
46627What is it, exactly, that you want me to do?
46628What makes you think I won't go and tell the king of your scheme?
46629Is the reward you offer greater than the king's?
46630Yes, I have changed my mind. I will speak to the rebel leader.
46631No, I haven't changed my mind.
46632Then begone lest I show you how truly dangerous a follower of Sekolah the Shark-Father can be.
46633You are not the leader, surface being. I shall deal with the one who makes the decisions... the <PRO_MALEFEMALE> <PRO_RACE> I spoke to earlier. And that is all.
46634You return... have you not spoken to the prince yet? Is something wrong, surface <PRO_RACE>? Can you not find the way?
46635Drow Elven Chain +3
46636Nothing is wrong. I still intend to meet the prince.
46637I have decided not to talk to the prince.
46638Good. I suggest you go quickly, then. There is no telling what the king might decide to do should you give him time enough.
46639Then there is no hope for my people. You have the orb... the exiles will attempt to speak to you. The choice is yours, <PRO_RACE>.
46640This drow armor's lightness allows it to be worn by Thieves and Fighter/Mages with few restrictions. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Armor Class: 5 Requires: 5 Strength Weight: 7
46641The delicate yet sturdy craftsmanship of the elven races allows them to design many beautiful yet utilitarian goods. Among these is elven chain mail, which is so finely wrought that it can be worn under normal clothing without revealing its presence. This and its lightness allows it to be worn by Thieves and Fighter/Mages with few restrictions. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. This magical drow chain mail gives the wearer a bonus of 5% to Magic Resistance and takes 1 off of the Speed Factor of all spells cast by the wearer of the armor. STATISTICS: Equipped abilities: – Magic Resistance: +5% – Improves casting time by 1 – Open Locks: -5% – Find Traps: -5% – Pick Pockets: -20% – Move Silently: -10% – Spellcasting is not disabled Armor Class: 2 (0 vs. slashing, 4 vs. crushing) Requires: 5 Strength Weight: 12
46642You have the orb, surface creature. This means only that the most sacred Senityili could have given it to you.
46643She has sent us word of your intentions. Do you wish to be brought to the most honorable Villynaty, he who has saved us? I am willing to lead you to him, surface beast.
46644Yes... take me to see this prince of yours.
46645Take me to see him... but I shall remain on guard against any treachery, so do not try anything!
46646No. I've no interest in speaking with your prince.
46647Drow Adamantine Chain +5
46648Excellent. Follow me, then... it is not far from here.
46649It is not our intention to commit violence against you, surface being. But we certainly put no trust in you... as you have no trust in us. No matter. Follow me, and I shall take you to the prince.
46650Then we shall assume you are here to kill us. Very well. We shall prepare for your arrival, surface creature!
46651Ahhh, so it seems the surface creatures we have heard soo much about have finally come to see us. Are these the ones that your mother spoke of, Sallinithyl?
46652They are, most honored Villynaty. The most sacred Senityili was most specific in her description.
46653Hah! I do not think the description had to be all that specific. As if they would be anyone else, ugly as they are. Their flesh, it is so soft and scaleless...
46654But your hideous appearance means little. As does this nonsense about Sekolah sending you, as Sallinithyl and her mother seem to believe so strongly.
46655What matters is that mad Ixilthetocal has sent you surface beings to collect my heart. He is so certain of your success that now is the perfect time to strike!
46656We have a heart, surface <PRO_RACE>... a heart that you can return with to Ixilthetocal and claim as Villynaty's. The guard of the City-of-Caverns will be down, and we will be able to strike.
46657The sturdy craftsmanship of the drow allows them to design many beautiful yet utilitarian goods. Among these is drow chain mail, which is so finely wrought that it can be worn under normal clothing without revealing its presence. This and its lightness allows it to be worn by Thieves and Fighter/Mages with few restrictions. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Equipped abilities: – Open Locks: -5% – Find Traps: -5% – Pick Pockets: -20% – Move Silently: -10% – Spellcasting is not disabled Armor Class: 0 (-4 vs. crushing) Requires: 5 Strength Weight: 12
46658Do not attack any guards. This will tip off Ixilthetocal to your treachery. Wait for our attack, then launch your own assault on the king and his baron.
46659I will come as soon as I can. Once Ixilthetocal and Thelokassyil are dead, I shall take the throne of the City-of-Caverns. The madman shall be dead!
46660And the City-of-Caverns shall be saved with the return of its exiled blood.
46661Yes, yes. Whatever. The throne is what is important here.
46662So, surface creature. Assuming that you are capable of intelligent thought, do you agree to this plan? Or shall we be forced to engage in simple slaughter?
46663Drow Scimitar +3
46664The king has offered me a reward for your heart... is your deal better than his?
46665The long, curved, single-edged blade is characteristic of both the saber and the scimitar, even though their origins lie in different parts of Faerûn. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Damage: 1d8 (slashing) Speed Factor: 5 Proficiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninjat� Type: One-handed Requires: 10 Strength Weight: 4
46666Can't you and the king come to a peaceful resolution?
46667The long, curved, single-edged blade is characteristic of both the saber and the scimitar, even though their origins lie in different parts of Faerûn. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: THAC0: +3 Damage: 1d8+3 (slashing) Speed Factor: 2 Proficiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninjat� Type: One-handed Requires: 10 Strength Weight: 3
46668Will I be free to go once this is over?
46669I agree to your plan. I shall return to the king with your fake heart.
46670I think I would rather kill you now.
46671Bah! You get to live, you hideous, finless thing... is that not enough for you?!
46672Drow Long Sword +3
46673Most honorable Villynaty... we are trying to gain the cooperation of these creatures. We NEED their help. Do not... do not agitate them, I beg of you!
46674Sekolah grants power to those who take it... not those who rely on the assistance of weaker beings! How can you believe that Sekolah has sent them?
46675These swords are usually referred to as double-edged swords, war swords, or military swords. In many cases, the long sword has a single-edged blade. There is no single version of the long sword; the design and length vary from culture to culture and may vary within the same culture depending on the era. Among the most common characteristics of all long swords is their length, which ranges from thirty-five inches to forty-seven inches. In the latter case, the blade is known to take up forty inches of the total length. Most long swords have a double-edged blade and a sharp point at the tip. Despite the tip, the long sword is designed for slashing, not thrusting. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Damage: 1d8 (slashing) Speed Factor: 5 Proficiency Type: Long Sword Type: One-handed Requires: 6 Strength Weight: 4
46676These swords are usually referred to as double-edge swords, war swords, or military swords. In many cases, the long sword has a single-edged blade. Most long swords have a double-edged blade and a sharp point at the tip. Despite the tip, the long sword is designed for slashing, not thrusting. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: THAC0: +3 Damage: 1d8+3 (slashing) Speed Factor: 2 Proficiency Type: Long Sword Type: One-handed Requires: 6 Strength Weight: 4
46677*sigh* But an attack is impossible without them. Very well... I suppose some reward is called for. But I have nothing to give until the throne is taken.
46678How do I know you'll keep your word, then, after it is done?
46679By far the oldest and most often used polearm, the halberd consists of a cleaver-like axe blade mounted on a staff averaging six feet in length. The axe blade is balanced at the rear with a fluke and surmounted by a sharp spike, usually of quadrangular design. The fluke is sometimes replaced by a hook used to dismount cavalry. A halberd can be best described as a cross between a spear and an axe. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Damage: 1d10 (piercing) Speed Factor: 9 Proficiency Type: Halberd Type: Two-handed Weight: 15
46680Can't you and the king come to a peaceful resolution?
46681Will I be free to go once this is over?
46682I agree to your plan, then. I shall take your fake heart to the king.
46683I refuse, then. Time to give up your real heart, rebel.
46684Like others of its type, this halberd consists of a cleaver-like axe blade mounted on a staff approximately six feet in length. Magic has been used to forge this particular weapon, gifting it with enhanced abilities to slaughter foes. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: THAC0: +3 Damage: 1d10+3 (piercing) Speed Factor: 6 Proficiency Type: Halberd Type: Two-handed Requires: 13 Strength Weight: 15
46685Drow Halberd +3
46686I haven't given you my word, creature. You shall be rewarded as I see fit, no better. Do not seek to be presumptuous.
46687Drow Flail +3
46688The flail is a sturdy wooden handle attached to an iron rod, a wooden rod with spikes, or a spiked iron ball. Between the handle and its implement is either a hinge or chain link. The weapon was originally used as a tool for threshing grain. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Damage: 1d6+1 (crushing) Speed Factor: 7 Proficiency Type: Flail/Morning Star Type: One-handed Requires: 13 Strength Weight: 15
46689Can't you and the king come to a peaceful resolution?
46690The flail is a sturdy wooden handle attached to an iron rod, a wooden rod with spikes, or a spiked iron ball. Between the handle and its implement is either a hinge or chain link. The weapon was originally used as a tool for threshing grain. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: THAC0: +3 Damage: 1d6+4 (crushing) Speed Factor: 4 Proficiency Type: Flail/Morning Star Type: One-handed Requires: 13 Strength Weight: 15
46691Will I be free to go once this is over?
46692I agree to your plan, then. I shall take your fake heart to the king.
46693Not good enough. Time to die, sahuagin!
46694You have met Ixilthetocal. What do you think, haired one? If, of course, you are capable of coherent thought.
46695Lance
46696No. There can be no peaceful resolution. The king is mad... he does not see reason, and that will be his undoing.
46697Drow Lance +3
46698One of the earliest weapons, dating back to the most primitive of times, the first spears were simply wooden poles or sticks sharpened at one end. This drow lance is a superior version of the traditional spear, often used by drow foot soldiers. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Damage: 1d6 (piercing) Speed Factor: 6 Proficiency Type: Spear Type: Two-handed Requires: 5 Strength Weight: 5
46699The king has offered me a reward for your heart... is your deal better than his?
46700One of the earliest weapons, dating back to the most primitive of times, the first spears were simply wooden poles or sticks sharpened at one end. This drow lance is a superior version of the traditional spear, often used by drow foot soldiers. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: THAC0: +3 Damage: 1d6+3 (piercing) Speed Factor: 3 Proficiency Type: Spear Type: Two-handed Requires: 5 Strength Weight: 5
46701Will I be free to go once this is over?
46702I agree to your plan, then. I shall return to the king with your fake heart.
46703Drow Crossbow of Speed
46704A crossbow is a bow mounted crosswise on a wooden or metal shaft, the latter called a tiller. The bow is usually made of ash or yew. The crossbow fires a quarrel (also called a bolt). This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Speed Factor: 5 Proficiency Type: Crossbow Type: Two-handed Requires: 9 Strength Weight: 7
46705Of course. Your kind does not belong here with us, and we are not like the vicious drow that we would turn even on those who would offer to help us.
46706A crossbow is a bow mounted crosswise on a wooden or metal shaft, the latter called a tiller. The bow is usually made of ash or yew. The crossbow fires a quarrel (also called a bolt). This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Combat abilities: – 1 extra attack per round THAC0: +3 Damage: +3 (missile) Speed Factor: 1 Proficiency Type: Crossbow Type: Two-handed Requires: 8 Strength Weight: 5
46707Drow Shield +3
46708A medium shield is carried in the same manner as a small shield. Unlike the small shield, however, its weight prevents the character from using <PRO_HISHER> shield hand for anything other than carrying the medium shield. Medium shields are usually made of metal, range from three to four feet in diameter, and can be of any shape, from round to square to a dragon's spread wings. A typical medieval shield resembles a triangle with one point facing downward. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Equipped abilities: – Armor Class: +1 Requires: 12 Strength Weight: 7
46709A medium shield is carried in the same manner as a small shield. Unlike the small shield, however, its weight prevents the character from using <PRO_HISHER> shield hand for anything other than carrying the medium shield. Medium shields are usually made of metal, range from three to four feet in diameter, and can be of any shape, from round to square to a dragon's spread wings. A typical medieval shield resembles a triangle with one point facing downward. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Equipped abilities: – Armor Class: +4 Requires: 12 Strength Weight: 7
46710Drow Piwafwi Cloak
46711The cloak can be made in every possible shape with just about every type of fabric. The most common forms are a circular piece of fabric with a hole in the center for the head, and fabric draped from neck, connected by a chain, brooch, cord, or pins. Talented drow weavers have woven strands of adamantine into the cloak, thus rendering it useless if exposed to the light—the effect of which will turn the cloak to dust. STATISTICS: Weight: 3
46712The cloak can be made in every possible shape with just about every type of fabric. The most common forms are a circular piece of fabric with a hole in the center for the head, and fabric draped from neck, connected by a chain, brooch, cord, or pins. Talented drow weavers have woven strands of adamantine into the cloak, thus rendering it useless if exposed to the light—the effect of which will turn the cloak to dust. STATISTICS: Equipped abilities: – Move Silently: +75% – Hide In Shadows: +75% – Save vs. Breath: +6 Weight: 3
46713Adamantine Dust
46714Adamantine Dust
46715This is a pile of adamantine dust, most likely the end result of exposing a drow item to the light of day. STATISTICS: Weight: 3
46716Drow Bolt +1
46717Quarrels or bolts are the ammunition fired by crossbows regardless of the weapon's size. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Damage: 1d8 (missile) Launcher: Crossbow Weight: 0
46718Quarrels or bolts are the ammunition fired by crossbows regardless of the weapon's size. However, this bolt has been imbued with a small amount of magical properties which enhances performance in flight, almost as if the bolt was guided towards its target. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: THAC0: +1 Damage: 1d8+1 (missile) Launcher: Crossbow Weight: 0
46719Drow Bolt of Sleep
46720A target hit by this bolt must save vs. Poison or fall asleep for 4 rounds. The drow often use these bolts when capturing slaves. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Combat abilities: – Hit target must save vs. Poison or sleep for 4 rounds THAC0: +1 Damage: 1d8+1 (missile) Launcher: Crossbow Weight: 0
46721Drow Bolt of Stunning
46722A target hit by this bolt must save vs. Death or be stunned for 4 rounds. This item, like most drow equipment, is created using adamantine, an alloy of adamantite that quickly turns to dust if removed from the Underdark. STATISTICS: Combat abilities: – Hit target must save vs. Death or be stunned for 4 rounds THAC0: +1 Damage: 1d8+1 (missile) Launcher: Crossbow Weight: 0
46723After Ixilthetocal is dead and you have been given your reward, you may leave the City-of-Caverns and go off into the Underdark... if that is your wish.
46724The king has offered me a reward for your heart... is your deal better than his?
46725Can't you and the king come to a peaceful resolution?
46726I agree to your plan, then. I shall return to the king with your fake heart.
46727I don't trust you. I refuse to take part in your plan.
46728Maybe you are intelligent enough... for a surface species. Take this heart and bring it to Ixilthetocal. I shall set up my forces and prepare for the attack.
46729This is the only way to save our people, <PRO_RACE>. I pray that you are indeed the one promised by Sekolah... and that we shall all meet with success.
46730No! Do not do this! Stop, I beg of you!
46731It is too late, Sallinithyl. You and your mother are fools to have placed your trust is these thin, scaleless creatures. Run if you must, but they die now!
46732I do not trust you, sahuagin. I will not take part in your plan.
46733You have the heart I have given you, creature. Go to Ixilthetocal and tell him the heart is mine... unless you have decided to renege and cross blades with me now.
46734You shall always be welcome in the City-of-Caverns, surface creatures. I hope your journey in the Underdark goes well for you.
46735Eh? Haven't you wandered off into the Underdark by now? (Hee hee!) Do you want one of my citizens to mistake you for dinner? Off you go, surface <RACE>!
46736This is the creature the mad king has sent to destroy us. Kill it! Kill it now! The exiles must live.
46737We have long yearned to return to the City-of-Caverns since our exile by Ixilthetocal. If you can bring about that return, it does not matter that you are a surfacer... we shall thank you regardless.
46738You shall die now, surfacer! We shall never bend our knee to the will of Ixilthetocal!
46739I am most grateful, surfacer. My people shall thrive now that we exiles have been restored. We shall not have to flee from the drow to the black depths of the ocean.
46740The most sacred Senityili would wish to speak with you as soon as you can, surface creature. I ask that you seek her out.
46741I pray to Sekolah that your strange surface mind changes soon. The most sacred Senityili only seeks the salvation of our people.
46742You have the orb? I hope that your meeting with the rebel leader goes well. May Sekolah guard your back.
46743The most sacred priestess of the temple, Senityili, has been sacrificed to the Shark-Father. Alas, I hope that does not herald the end of my people as well.
46744The most sacred Senityili is dead, but she has been proven right. You are the chosen of Sekolah's prophecy. May fortune follow you, <RACE>.
46745Stand away from me, surface creature. Your scaleless features fill me with more than a little revulsion. Do as the most honored Ixilthetocal has commanded you and I shall be content.
46746You have done what you came here for and the honorable Ixilthetocal has rewarded you for it. Now begone.
46747I pray for your success, <RACE>. You must go quickly lest the king become aware of your meeting with Villynaty!
46748I shall take my mother's place and be the high priestess for Villynaty as he restores the City-of-Caverns. You have done well, <RACE>... May Sekolah bless you with strength for your service to us!
46749You are... the surface creatures. I have fought many of your kind on raids to the surface shores. The most exalted one has commanded your safety... for now.
46750You are most worthy, for a surface creature. The rebels shall not attack us now, and we shall not be weakened. The City-of-Caverns shall stand, and Sekolah will be proud of our strength.
46751Many of your kind have died well on the end of my blade, and their meat has tasted all the better for the victory. I shall not kill you, however, until the most exalted one commands it.
46752The exiles deserved their fate, and we shall remain strong now that they are gone. You have done well, <RACE>... for a surface beast.
46753If we must rely on a surface creature to end our exile into the depths, then so be it. If you betray the honored Villynaty's trust, however, you shall die at the point of my spear.
46754Our exile has ended. You are truly Sekolah's favored, sent to us as the prophecy has declared. Strange... that a surface being as small as yourself could be so powerful...
46755I will only trust you and let you live, surfacer, if the most honored Villynaty commands it. You must speak to him first.
46756Do not fail us, surfacer. I would sooner see us fight the mad Ixilthetocal on our own... but the honored Villynaty commands otherwise.
46757You are indeed the ones sent by Sekolah's prophecy. Our race harbors a long memory, <RACE>... you shall not be forgotten in the City-of-Caverns.
46758Speak to the most honored prince, <RACE>. Speak not to me.
46759You have our thanks, surfacer. Sekolah's prophecy has come true, and our race has been saved. The drow and illithids shall rue the day of your coming!
46760I bow before the prophesied ones. You are strong indeed... stronger than we might have thought small surface ones to be.
46761You shall always be welcome in the City-of-Caverns, surface creature.
46762The most exalted Villynaty will lead us to the days when the City-of-Caverns was teeming with our race and Sekolah was proud!
46763Yoou shhhalll nnot esssscape thisss place, mmmmortalsss! Preeepare tooo join ussss!
46764Visitors! It has been some time since I have had anyone but the mad little sahuagin come to this place... and that one is not full of riveting conversation.
46765Ah—but I see you hesitate. No doubt you have heard of my kind before, or even met some. You call us beholders... yes, I think that is the term you use.
46766I am but a spectator beholder, however, and not quite like others you may have met. I am set in this place to guard one thing and one thing only.
46767I will not attack you... unless you try to touch what I guard. Touch anything else you'd like! Provided you weren't driven insane by the imps back there.
46768What is it, exactly, that you guard?
46769How is it that you came to be in this place?
46770What's with those imps, anyway?
46771Maybe I should just be on my way...
46772I shall not allow an evil creature such as yourself to live! Prepare to meet your end, beast!
46773Just the one chest behind me. You are welcome to open the others with the imps, or do whatever else... I'm not here to do anything about them in the slightest.
46774I think the sahuagin looted the other chests long ago. They might have put some stuff of theirs around here, though, thinking I would scare off thieves.
46775...oh, that reminds me. I promised that mad little sahuagin that I would make an effort to scare off intruders...
46776So... boo!
46777And that's about as much effort as I'm willing to put into that. *sigh* It's been a pretty lonely experience so far, you know.
46778Do you know what's in that chest you're guarding?
46779Is there no way I can release you from your task?
46780Just how did you end up here, anyway?
46781What's with those imps in the other room, anyway?
46782Perhaps I should be on my way.
46783No matter your demeanor, you are a beholder still and I shall destroy you!
46784Mmm. I was summoned by a mad little drow who took over this part of the sahuagin city a long time ago. This chest was extremely important to him, apparently.
46785This cell appears to be where the umber hulks gained entrance to the castle. Several stew pots lie in the tunnel area directly behind the cell, which seems to be their feeding area. Putting more food in there might draw the umber hulks; it is uncertain.
46786The sahuagin were attacking, and he didn't want them to get the chest after he died... so "POOF!", in I came, attached to a ninety-nine-year contract. Only forty years to go.
46787The drow wasn't much more entertaining than the sahuagin, really. He smelled better, though. I don't think I'll ever be able to stomach fish again... yech.
46788To top it off, I got stuck with the drow's imps too, which are bound here but keep teleporting away from the sahuagin. I wish they would just go away.
46789I mean, I can only play "I spy" and "peek-a-boo" so many times without getting tired of it, but not THEM, oh no. Rotten impish bastards.
46790Er... just how can you smell without a nose?
46791Is there no way I can release you from your task?
46792What is it, exactly, that you guard?
46793What's with those imps, anyway?
46794Maybe I should just be on my way...
46795No matter your demeanor, you are a beholder still and I shall destroy you!
46796Oh, they've been here since the drow who summoned me was slaughtered... Sixty years with only two imps and a mad fish-king for company. Is this Hell?
46797There's a chest in there that the sahuagin put something valuable in. Always whispered the incantation to open it, though. Like *I* would care.
46798The imps figured out the incantation. I suppose they told you, if you didn't squish 'em on the spot. Not that I would be sad, exactly, to see them gone...
46799What is it, exactly, that you guard?
46800How is it that you came to be in this place?
46801Maybe I should just be on my way...
46802No matter your demeanor, you are a beholder still and I shall destroy you!
46803If you have to go, you have to go. I'll be here if you need to chat... for the next forty years, anyway. After that... well, I got this great tomb lined up...
46804Some action! Finally! Rules are rules, though. If you're not going to touch the chest, you have to take the first shot at me... so make it a good one!
46805This dog stew that you have placed will most likely draw any umber hulks in the area to this feeding room. It might be wise to vacate the cell.
46806Not a clue. I wouldn't recommend touching it, though. I haven't had any real excitement in a long, long time, but I've no compulsion towards killing, you know.
46807Is there no way I can release you from your task?
46808Just how did you end up here, anyway?
46809What's with those imps in the other room, anyway?
46810Perhaps I should be on my way.
46811Well, I intend to have what's in that chest, so it's time for you to die!
46812Awww, that's sweet. Short of death, there isn't any way to shorten the forty years I have left... and I'm not eager to greet the Beyond just yet.
46813Do you know what's in that chest you're guarding?
46814Just how did you end up here, anyway?
46815What's with those imps in the other room, anyway?
46816Perhaps I should be on my way.
46817Eager or not, prepare to die!
46818What, you think I can't smell just because I got the one-big-eye thing going? How much do you know about magic, anyway? You're almost as bad as those imps.
46819Is there no way I can release you from your task?
46820What is it, exactly, that you guard?
46821What's with those imps, anyway?
46822Maybe I should just be on my way...
46823I will not stand to be insulted by a creature of evil! Prepare to die!
46824If you're going to ask me for a game of peek-a-boo, I'm not interested.
46825No, no. I'm just wondering which of these chests you actually guard.
46826I'd like to know how you ended up here.
46827I'd like you to tell me about those imps, if you can.
46828Is there no way I can convince you to let me see what's in that chest you guard?
46829Well, I'll be on my way, then...
46830I'd rather kill you than play games, beholder!
46831What? Are you in desperate need or something? You have a dying relative that desperately needs what's in this chest?
46832OH, I get it! You just HAVE to have what's in this chest, right? Because if a beholder's guarding it, it HAS to be cool!
46833Keep in mind that the drow who summoned me was mad. But, hey, who am I to judge, I suppose. I've been playing tic-tac-toe with a pair of imps for sixty years.
46834...sigh...
46835Oh... in case you didn't hear an answer in that: No, you CAN'T look at what's in the chest. The drow specifically summoned me to guard *this* chest.
46836What, you were actually going to ask me to play peek-a-boo? For a supposedly smart <RACE>, you don't have much imagination with the eye jokes, do you?
46837Oh, promises, promises. My eye's bigger than your whole head, you creepy little <RACE>.
46838Another mission for the temple The thief, Travin, has directed me above the Copper Coronet in the Slums District, saying there is a house with red brick wall and red slate shingles. There I will find someone named Borinall, who has the ring I seek.
46839Find the Nether Scroll for Edwin Edwin remembered a tale about something called "the Nether Scroll," possibly hidden in one of the tombs in the Graveyard District of Athkatla.
46840Edwin is being hunted by the Red Wizards? A Red Wizard by the name of Degardan appears to be hunting Edwin... our mage seems to have a hefty price on his head for angering his former colleagues. I have covered for Edwin for now, but I have the feeling this is not the last time I've seen Degardan.
46841Finding Irenicus in Hell I encountered my "half-brother" Sarevok, or at least his spirit. He offered to show me how to summon the power to become the Slayer at will, the pure avatar of Bhaal, and I have accepted. Sarevok was glad... he wanted to battle what he considered an equal, and he has certainly found one in me.
46842Raelis Shai asks for aid It seems the playhouse beneath the Five Flagons is in need of some adventurers. A woman by the name of Raelis Shai has asked for any interested to go backstage and speak to her about the matter.
46843Free Haer'Dalis from imprisonment by Mekrath Mekrath has released Haer'Dalis to my care, telling me that the man is in the north storeroom in the wizard's tower. He is likely confused, so I should go and speak to him immediately.
46844Retrieve Mekrath's stolen mirror from his imp I have completed Mekrath's task, and the wizard has "rewarded" me with a slave of his. He says that the man is in the north storeroom in his tower... I suppose I should go and see who this person is, at least.
46845Retrieve Haer'Dalis's gem. Haer'Dalis assures me that I have the gem he was looking for and urges me to go to the playhouse beneath the Five Flagons Inn in the Bridge District to speak to the mistress there, Raelis Shai.
46846Rescue Raelis and Haer'Dalis from the planar prison It appears I have come through the portal only to enter some strange kind of prison that appears to be in another dimension. Haer'Dalis and his troupe are nowhere in sight, but I did confront the bounty hunters... and have found a gnome by the name of Tagget who has apparently escaped from somewhere in this place.
46847Rescue Raelis and Haer'Dalis from the planar prison Tagget told me that the warden of this prison keeps slaves who are controlled mentally through the magical collars that they wear. I should be wary of such devices if I find them.
46848Rescue Raelis and Haer'Dalis from the planar prison Bad news. Tagget has informed me that there is no actual physical exit from the prison... the only way out is through the warden himself or through other powerful magic, such as the type Raelis demonstrated when she summoned the conduits.
46849Rescue Raelis and Haer'Dalis from the planar prison Haer'Dalis and his troupe are being kept in cells with the warden, in a room directly north of where I entered. Tagget warned me to be wary, however... some of the hallways have markings that will teleport you to other rooms in the prison. If I head directly north, the markings lead to rooms full of the warden's guards.
46850Rescue Raelis and Haer'Dalis from the planar prison I have accepted Tagget's plan of an alternate route that may lead to a way out of here. Going east, Tagget suggests I find the Master of Thralls and destroy his orb... the device that allows control over the slaves through their collars. That done, the warden will not be protected and will be far easier to defeat... which, it seems, must be done lest the warden track any who leave. Including us.
46851Rescue Raelis and Haer'Dalis from the planar prison The Master of Thralls's dwarven slave has told me how to destroy the orb: A room I passed through contains a magical brazier in its center, the flames of which will destroy the item and release those who wear the collars... leaving the warden unprotected.
46852Running the Five Flagons playhouse Well, it seems that Raelis has given me the deed to the playhouse beneath the Five Flagons... although I've no actors, no director, no play, or anything else to do with it, for that matter. Owning a playhouse is a far cry from singing songs in taverns. Fortunately, the owner of the inn, Samuel Thunderburp, seems to know a director who came to see Raelis, and is going to send him my way.
46853Running the Five Flagons playhouse The director is a strange little man named Higgold, whom I've agreed to put in charge of staging a play. He said it would take about a week to roust up some actors and a decent play to put into production, and bade me to return after that time... with some coin, naturally, to invest.
46854Running the Five Flagons playhouse Higgold has gathered together his actors and introduced me to them. His choice of play, "The Sorcerer's Bane," seems to be cursed in some manner, according to the actors. Higgold scoffs at the idea, and hopefully, he's right.
46855Running the Five Flagons playhouse Higgold asked me to pick between two actresses for the lead role, Karenina. I chose Jenna, as she seems far less trouble... hopefully, my choice is sound.
46856Running the Five Flagons playhouse Higgold asked me to pick between two actresses for the lead role, Karenina. I chose Iltheia. While she seems a bit of a diva, she is the better actress by Higgold's own admission... and I am sure I can handle whatever problems she causes.
46857Running the Five Flagons playhouse With the matter of financing settled, the play is ready to begin rehearsals. Higgold has said he will send someone to find me if there are any problems that require my attention. Rehearsals should take six to seven weeks, so I suppose I shouldn't travel to any other dimensions in the meantime... that might make me difficult to find, heh. But it's official regardless. I am the patron of an actual theater.
46858has gained <EXPERIENCEAMOUNT> quest experience points.
46859Cernd's Baby
46860Cernd's Baby
46861I should have liked to stay, but it is not to be, I shall return to my home in Trademeet. If you have need of me again, I shall be happy to join with you again. Farewell.
46862Well met, <CHARNAME>. I trust that, by your being here, you've defeated the Shade Lord.
46863We have indeed defeated him. Did your journey home go well?
46864The journey went well, though the thought of my slain companions weighed heavily on me. It is good to know that you've avenged their foul end.
46865To be honest, I don't care about your useless friends. I killed the Shade Lord only for the joy of it.
46866That is a cruel thing to say. Perhaps it is better that I did not join you back in that evil cave. If this was a social visit, then it has ended. Begone from my abode!
46867Many souls were avenged when we destroyed the Shade Lord. What do you do now?
46868At present, I am on sabbatical. I find myself missing the road, and I long again for adventure. Does your party require another sword arm?
46869Not at this time, good halfling. Though, should we have need, we shall surely call on you.
46870I do grow weary of being about the house, and I long to adventure once more. Should you require me in the future, I shall be here.
46871I would be pleased to have you join my party.
46872I am happy to join your party.
46873The creature is dead, no thanks to you.
46874That is a cruel thing to say. It would have done no good to face him without your support. If this was a social visit, then it has ended. Begone from my abode!
46875You have returned, I see. What is it that you need?
46876We need nothing at this time.
46877I should be honored to have you join my party.
46878In truth, since we last met, I have considered again raising up a party on my own, though it is a terrible bother. I shall come with you, then.
46879How can you leave me like this while my sister lies dying? Will you not reconsider? I need your help!
46880That is a good point, Mazzy. My apologies. I will help you and your sister.
46881I'm sorry, but this isn't my concern.
46882Are you still here, halfling? Run along now. You grow tiresome.
46883You brutish <PRO_RACE>! I shall never wish to see you again! I will find an antidote for Pala's poison myself!
46884An isolated slip of logic, I'm sure.
46885Good fortune to you! I hope you are enjoying Trademeet despite our recent troubles. Excuse me, I must return to my studies. I'm learning the ancient secrets of Untherian cask-making.
46886Hullo, Mazzy! Been slaying dragons, have you?
46887<CHARNAME>, this is Danno Fairfoot. He is my sister's sweetheart.
46888Rashad's Talon +2
46889Named for Prince Rashad, former ruler of a minor principality to the east, this blade and many of the prince's possessions were taken by disgruntled palace guards after his death. The role of the guards in the unfortunate affair was never determined, but rumor has it that all died within a year, slain by this very weapon. STATISTICS: THAC0: +2 Damage: 1d8+2 (slashing) Speed Factor: 3 Proficiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninjat� Type: One-handed Requires: 10 Strength Weight: 4
46890Danno! It is good to see you. Have you finished your apprenticeship?
46891Nay, not yet. The road to barrel-making journeymanship is a long and difficult one. That reminds me, I should get back to studying. Pala must be happy to see you at home. You should visit more often.
46892For your bravery, I present you with the Staff of Thunder and Lightning. Use it with wisdom and respect. Remember to pick up any equipment that was dropped before the challenge.
46893Go now and worry no more about these woods and the druids who protect them. Remember to pick up any equipment that was dropped before the challenge.
46894I should at that, Danno. Farewell!
46895Return in a few hours. I must wait until Pala awakens before I can go.
46896This is the key that was found on Am-si's body. You suspect that it opens the door to his dwelling. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
46897Hullo, <CHARNAME>. Welcome to Trademeet. Excuse me, I must get back to my studies.
46898This is the key that was found on Am-si's body. You suspect that it opens the door to his dwelling. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
46899This writ decrees the innocence of Haer'Dalis in the murder of Acton Balthis. It is signed by Chief Inspector Brega. You may use it to obtain Haer'Dalis's freedom from the city jail.
46900This writ decrees the innocence of Haer'Dalis in the murder of Acton Balthis. It is signed by Chief Inspector Brega. You may use it to obtain Haer'Dalis's freedom from the city jail.
46901Thank you for helping Pala. I am forever in your debt!
46902Please help Pala! I don't know what I have done!
46903Wallace is a good person. Perhaps he didn't realize that his love potion was poisoned. Please help Mazzy find some way to bring my Pala back!
46904Thank you, <GABBER>, for helping Pala. She is resting now. With luck, she will be awake soon.
46905Thanks to you, my daughter Pala has awakened. I shall hold you dear in my heart, <CHARNAME>.
46906Mazzy, my daughter! It is so good to see you home. I am always worried that you will be hurt in your adventures.
46907Fear not, Mother. I always have stalwart friends at my side. Regardless, danger is always present for those who wish to follow the righteous life.
46908I know, my dear. I do reserve the right to worry. It is a mother's place to do so. Pala will be happy to see you. I welcome you and your friends.
46909Thank you, Mother.
46910You must be friends of Mazzy's, decked out in adventurers' garb as you are. It is a pleasure to meet you.
46911Please leave. I do not wish to be rude, but I have just received word of my daughter's passing. Our family wishes to be alone.
46912'Tis a sad household you see before you. My betrothed's sister has passed on. Perhaps it is best if you leave.
46913I can stay with you no longer. My sister is dying as we speak, yet you refuse to come with me to Trademeet to see her. Your callousness is *very* offensive. Goodbye.
46914<CHARNAME>, I must insist that we find Wallace the peddler. Only through him will we be able to discover how it is that my sister was poisoned.
46915<CHARNAME>, I must insist that we find Wallace the peddler. Only through him will we be able to discover how it is that my sister was poisoned.
46916<CHARNAME>, I must insist that we find Wallace the peddler. Only through him will we be able to discover how it is that my sister was poisoned.
46917Your refusal to help me find the peddler Wallace shows a callous disregard for the fate of my sister. I am quitting this group.
46918Perhaps your idea is not so ludicrous after all. I have found some suspicious paraphernalia in Barl's chambers. An alchemy set and a symbol of Talona, the Lady of Poison.
46919Members of the faith have strayed during Waukeen's absence, but never to these sorts of depths. I know not what to say, Mazzy. Let us summon Barl and see what he has to say about this.
46920Barl, approach us, please! These good people would speak with you.
46921What is it, Overgold? I am quite busy.
46922Barl, I have just returned from your chambers. What do you think it is that I've found?
46923You should never have entered my chambers, old man.
46924But enter them I did, Barl. I found alchemists' poisons, bottles, and a holy symbol of Talona. You have betrayed Waukeen.
46925I refuse to listen to this. Get rid of these fools, Overgold.
46926Indeed! Here is a bottle! It might not work, but what other choice do we have? The poison resists normal and magical cures.
46927I am very sorry, Mazzy. We had a viper in our midst and did not know it. I wish Waukeen's blessing upon your sister. Perhaps that bottle is indeed an antidote.
46928That is our only hope. <CHARNAME>, let us return to my house.
46929Welcome back. I am ready to leave if you are.
46930Pala is better, I see.
46931We no longer have need of your services.
46932Indeed. My thanks for your assistance in this difficult time.
46933Then let us depart. We have much to accomplish out in the world.
46934I wish you well, in that case. There is no need for you to join the party at this time.
46935As you will it, so shall it be. If you have need of me in the future, I shall be here. I thank you again.
46936I am happy to join you.
46937I should just like to remind you that my sister is quite ill, and the answer may lie in the Waukeenar temple in Trademeet! We must go there as soon as possible!
46938I should just like to remind you that my sister is quite ill, and the answer may lie at the Waukeenar temple in Trademeet! We must go there as soon as possible!
46939Your callous disregard for my sister's illness is disturbing. You should have taken me to the temple superior by now. I am quitting this group.
46940You've the rank smell of Golodon the Unmanned! ...Bastard!
46941Hello, friend. Would you care to see my wares?
46942I would like to see what you have for sale.
46943No, thanks.
46944As you will. Farewell.
46945Alas, my friend. I'm afraid I have no wares to show you; the cursed genies have taken over all of Trademeet's mercantile enterprises. Perhaps another time.
46946Um, who are you, and why are you in my house?
46947Hello, sister! It is nice to see you home.
46948It is nice to be back. I see that Danno has all but moved in to our house. Perhaps he has... feelings for you?
46949I wouldn't be adverse to that. A cask maker would be a fine catch, nay?
46950Danno Fairfoot is indeed a fine catch, Pala. Let no one tell you differently. We shall speak more later.
46951We have recently received word of my sister's passing. Please leave us be.
46952Let all who oppose nature meet their doom at her hands!
46953Thank you for removing Faldorn from power. All of us wished that we could challenge her, but she was too powerful. May the Earthmother bless you.
46954The earth has been raped and plundered for too long! Harsh justice shall prevail under Faldorn's hand!
46955You are a savior to us all. Thank you for destroying Faldorn's reign of terror. Truly, this was a terrible time for us all. We must make amends to the townspeople of Trademeet.
46956The creature is not yet dead.
46957This is not good. If you will take me, I will rejoin you, and we shall hunt the Shade Lord down and destroy him.
46958Thank you, but I have no need for your help.
46959An excellent idea, Mazzy. Join with me, and we shall conquer!
46960I hardly need you to fight a battle. Stay at home and bake or something.
46961As you will. I wish you luck.
46962I am happy to join you.
46963What a foolish thing to say! You should think before you allow such drivel to come from your lips. Leave my house!
46964You're the last person that I wish to see. How rude can one be?
46965I realize that I've been less than polite. I've come back to apologize and ask you to join my party.
46966I care not, halfling.
46967I realize that I've been less than polite. I've come back to apologize and ask you to join my party.
46968I accept your apology. Occasionally, a bit of goodness shines through your mask of indifferent rudeness. I shall rejoin, but I warn you against being so offensive in the future.
46969It may be as you say, yet your reputation precedes you. Prove yourself worthy and return to me when you are known to be righteous to the world at large.
46970Leave my house!
46971Well met. I trust that, by your being here, you've defeated the Shade Lord.
46972We have indeed defeated him. Did your journey home go well?
46973The creature is dead, no thanks to you.
46974The creature is not yet dead.
46975The journey went well, though the thought of my slain companions weighed heavily on me. It is good to know that you've avenged their foul end.
46976To be honest, I don't care about your useless friends. I killed the Shade Lord only for the joy of it.
46977Many souls were avenged when we destroyed the Shade Lord. What do you do now?
46978That is a cruel thing to say. Perhaps it is better that I did not join you back in that evil cave. If this was a social visit, then it has ended. Begone from my abode!
46979At present, I am on sabbatical. I find myself missing the road, and I long again for adventure. Does your party require another sword arm?
46980Not at this time, good halfling. Though, should we have need, we shall surely call on you.
46981I would be pleased to have you join my party.
46982I do grow weary of being about the house, and I long to adventure once more. Should you require me in the future, I shall be here.
46983I am happy to join your party.
46984That is a cruel thing to say. It would have done no good to face him without your support. If this was a social visit, then it has ended. Begone from my abode!
46985This is not good. If you will take me, I will rejoin you, and we shall hunt the Shade Lord down and destroy him.
46986Thank you, but I have no need for your help.
46987An excellent idea, Mazzy. Join with me, and we shall conquer!
46988I hardly need you to fight a battle. Stay at home and bake or something.
46989What a foolish thing to say! You should think before you allow such drivel to come from your lips. Leave my house!
46990Welcome to my home. What is it that you need?
46991We need nothing at this time.
46992I should be honored to have you join my party.
46993You are the last person that I wish to see. How rude can one <PRO_RACE> be?
46994I realize that I've been less than polite. I've come back to apologize and ask you to join my party.
46995I care not, halfling.
46996I realize that I've been less than polite. I've come back to apologize and ask you to join my party.
46997I accept your apology. Occasionally, a bit of goodness shines through your mask of indifferent rudeness. I shall rejoin, but I warn you against being so offensive in the future.
46998It may be as you say, yet your reputation precedes you. Prove yourself worthy and return to me when you are known to be righteous to the world at large.
46999Leave my house!
47000The evil is dispelled, halfling. Your imprisonment is over, and you are free to go.
47001Arvoreen be praised! These are good tidings indeed. Who are you, friend? How is it that the Shade Lord has met his doom?
47002I am <GABBER>. This party has destroyed the Shade Lord and lifted the blanket of evil that has lain over these lands.
47003I should ask who you might be to have ended up a prisoner in this dark place?
47004I have no time to answer your questions. You are free and that is enough.
47005Well met! A true act of heroism! The Shade Lord's destruction was also my intent and that of my party. Alas, his shadow dragon guardian has slain all of my friends.
47006(Mazzy pauses and seems to be fighting back tears.) They were slain most foully and turned into shadows by the fiend! I'm sorry, it is difficult to speak about it.
47007I sorrow to hear of your loss. Your friends have been well and truly avenged.
47008What do you intend to do now?
47009It is a pity. I must take my leave. You are free to go.
47010I have you to thank for that. Life must go on, and evil is still rampant in this world. Have you need of another warrior, my friend? I sense that you are a good <MANWOMAN>.
47011I would be happy to have a valiant companion. Welcome!
47012I have no need of another companion at this time. Farewell.
47013With my companions slain and their killer slain by you, I am unsure of what path to take. Evil is still rampant in this world... have you need of another warrior, my friend?
47014I would be happy to have a valiant companion. Welcome!
47015I have no need of another companion at this time. Farewell.
47016The Shade Lord's destruction was my party's intention. We were hired by Minister Lloyd of Imnesvale. Alas, the shadow dragon guardian has slain all of my friends.
47017As you will. Thank you for your assistance. Should you ever need a brave companion, I reside in Trademeet with my family. Ask for me at the tavern. I am well known. Fare thee well.
47018Yes, you are free to go. The Shade Lord is dead.
47019Do what you wish. I care not.
47020I shall leave, then. You are a contemptible person.
47021Hah! Unless you've come to Trademeet for the view and maybe some watered-down ale, if you can afford it, there is nothing for you here.
47022Between the attacks on the town by all the forest animals and these genies swallowing up all trade, there's nothing that can be done for this place. You'd best begone.
47023I was driving a caravan through the forest just west of here, and we were attacked by a horde of bears. Bears! All that trouble an' then Raafee goes and sells everything to those genies.
47024No need to talk to us. We're just the caravan drivers here. If you have business, you'd best talk to Raafee. He's the caravan master.
47025Well, the animals are gone... that'll make the next trip a lot safer. That is, if the caravan even comes back here. With those genies about, I just don't know...
47026Until those genies are gone, no one in this town is truly safe. I hear they're hoarding all the food that comes in here.
47027'Tis a pleasant enough place now that the forest has stopped attacking. Our caravans still aren't making a copper penny though, thanks to those djinn.
47028We should be heading out and returning very quickly with loaded wagons! The merchant guild in town has charged us with buying all the supplies Trademeet can handle! 'Tis wonderful!
47029Business should return to normal very soon now. We caravan drivers have our livelihood back now that those genies are gone. Thanks to you, I hear.
47030We'll keep on supplying the town now... at least, until the Sythillisian Empire comes and invades the entire region. But at least there's a chance.
47031Greetings. I am Raafee, the caravan master for our group. At least, I was until those damned djinn drove me out of business.
47032Waukeen would never 'ave allowed this to happen if she were still alive to watch over us. Those genies have moved in and swallowed all the trade routes.
47033They mesmerizes every caravan that comes in, including mine. They makes ye take a poor penny for all yer goods, and there's nothing Lord Logan Coprith can do.
47034Bah! It makes my mouth swim with bile. I don't know if I'll even have enough coin to have the caravan return to Murann now.
47035I can do little for ye until them genies be gone... and then I must find supply for this town. Talk to the head o' the merchant guild... Busya be her name.
47036Raafee thanks ye, my <LADYLORD>. I'll soon be restorin' this town to proper business... despite the danger from these animal attacks. But we'll fare well enough.
47037Ye're a true hero... the roads be safe, an' now Raafee can refill the shops of Trademeet. The merchant guild has paid me well to ply the trade lanes once again.
47038Ye've saved me family from destitution, friend. I wish there were some way I could repay ye. Hopefully the lord o' this place has rewarded ye well.
47039I be sorry, but I can't talk now. I must ready the drivers to head back to Murann. Now that the troubles are over, we've been commissioned to restock the town!
47040Good day to you, stranger. I am Salahee, wife of Raafee, who runs the caravans here. I... I wish we could offer you better hospitality, but with those genies here, it's all we can do to stay alive.
47041It has been troubling. The genies mesmerized the merchants in the caravans so they sell their goods to them very cheaply, and no one else may buy. No one can do a thing about it.
47042Between the attacks of the animals on our wagons and the genies who hoard our goods, my husband has gone nearly bankrupt. I... I fear for his health.
47043You are welcome here. We are not as suspicious as the people of the town, although I think they have every right to be fearful.
47044It is wonderful! The genies are gone! We still fear attacks by animals on the roads, but at least my husband now has a chance! Th-thank you!
47045On behalf of my husband and I, I thank you for everything you have done. Our caravans have been restored to prosperity. Wherever we go, we shall tell of your good deed, dear <MANWOMAN>!
47046The people here be very unfriendly to the Rom... We come only to find a home, and they fling stones at us and accuse us of bringing down the wrath of nature upon this town. They are crazy, I tell you!
47047Greetings to you, good <MANWOMAN>. You are welcome amongst our family of Rom, and I offer you whatever hospitality I may. My name is Mastav... Perhaps you wish to have your fortune told by my wife, yes?
47048Do not listen to what the people of this strange town might tell you. We have nothing to do with these attacks of animals. We are in as dire straits here as they!
47049We Rom were forced to flee from the deeper forests by the attacks of forest creatures. My brother was... killed... most horribly by a pack of wolves. They are directed by evil, I tell you... although I know not what.
47050The attacks from the animals have stopped, and the people have stopped their accusations. For once, we Rom are safe... We thank you for this, good <MANWOMAN>.
47051You are welcome in our tent, you who are a hero in this place. We will soon return to our forests, I think, now that the creatures do not attack us Rom any longer.
47052Luck shines upon you, I think, and the Rom always welcome those who are favored by luck. If the gods smile upon you, they may smile upon us as well, eh?
47053I greet you, strangers, on behalf of my family and in accordance with Rom tradition. I am Kveroslava, the mother of this family and its heart.
47054If you wish, I can tell you something of your place in the future. A mere 10 gp should you desire the benefit of my gift of insight, good <MANWOMAN>.
47055Certainly. 10 gp it is.
47056I am sorry, but I don't have that much gold to offer you.
47057No, thank you.
47058I've no interest in foolishness or parlor tricks. Restrict your subterfuge to those who are gullible, woman.
47059As you wish. Come and sit beside me, good <MANWOMAN>, and I shall take ahold of your hand. Close your eyes and let Kveroslava feel your aura...
47060It is no worry, stranger. My talent is but a simple one, and nothing you need desire if you are light of purse. Join us for a song, if you will.
47061Perhaps you are the smarter one, then, not to desire to see your fate before its time, eh? No doubt it is better this way.
47062It is no trick, and you are very insulting in your tone. I do not deserve such an attitude, stranger. If you cannot be civil, then begone.
47063I have nothing further to say to you or your friends. You are welcome in our camp because we are Rom, but I have no desire to speak further with you.
47064Hello to you, dear <MANWOMAN>. Kveroslava bids that you are welcome in our camp, as all are.
47065I... I cannot reveal your future. You all have a powerful destiny, one which clouds my visions... and frightens me. I wish you good fortune, dear <MANWOMAN>.
47066You are a strong <PRO_MANWOMAN>. You have powerful blood and a... a destiny that shines so brightly. It is... it is the blood of a god that flows in you...
47067But you are not alone... there is another. Another who calls to you for help... and I see a man, a dark man whose life has been taken from him...
47068I see this other... she screams! She screams! There is a beast... a beast of terrible power! And... a dark man... the Exile. He smiles! He smiles!
47069I... I... NO! No more! P-please forgive me, good <PRO_MANWOMAN>. Your path has overwhelmed my limited gifts. You... frighten me. I wish you... good fortune.
47070Your aura is strong, ranger... but hate festers within. Conquer this to restore your life. Look to love. Find the strength within to overcome your long, long past.
47071My past is not so long, and I have no love to speak of. 'Tis simple words that could apply to anyone, dear woman. Ahhh, but I shall think on them nonetheless.
47072You seek a rare bond with your goddess, child. Virtue and honor you hold close to your heart. Cherish them, for they will protect you in the end.
47073I... see. Well spoken, gypsy woman. It is almost as if Arvoreen himself were perched on your shoulder...
47074You are a man of great pride, to match your strength and honor. Banish your pride—or lose all that is important to you! Your greatest challenge yet awaits.
47075I, for one, do not like to ponder overmuch the possibilities that the future may hold for me. But I shall heed your words, lady.
47076You have lost someone close to you. Another world has been opened, but the price is the allegiance you hold most dear. Be wary, Harper, for all is not as you believe.
47077An excellent warning, if vague. I shall think on your words, though I doubt I shall alter my course. What will come will come.
47078I... I am sorry. I can sense nothing distinct in your future, good <MANWOMAN>. Perhaps I am tired—please forgive me... here are your coins returned to you.
47079You strive to be noble, but blackness is in your heart. Beware lest it consume all you love. Soon you shall stand on a precipice... to overcome, or drown in darkness forever.
47080I... see nothing of myself in your words, woman. A waste of my coin and nothing more.
47081Such a wonderful, naive child. Do not lose that, dear girl... you are a bright gem filled with compassion. Do not become darkened by the need of others...
47082Wh-what does that mean? I don't understand! I had... I had just hoped you would tell me I would fly again someday. But I guess that's not possible, is it?
47083You are an evil, bitter man lusting for power. Guard against the unknown and mark your friends... Your friends, not your allies, shall save you at the end.
47084The end? The end of what?! Bah! Useless premonitions! Why do I even bother asking such unshaped talent?!
47085You are far from home, dark one. Know this: You shall return home soon. It calls you. Soon you will face a choice harder than you ever thought it could be.
47086Home? I have no wish to return home, woman. If the priestesses of Lolth wish to come for me, they shall return me to the Underdark as a corpse and nothing more.
47087Your future is unclear, ranger. You are a gentle man with a will of iron. A goddess fondly looks down on you. Continue your fight against evil... it shall serve you well.
47088Oooh! This is most goodness of news, is it not, Boo?!
47089I am sorry you got mixed up in this matter. You could have prevented the carnage, but I do not blame you for it. I shall... send men to clean this up. Good day.
47090A moment of your time, <CHARNAME>. I understand that you have... taken a commission from a noble family to enter the tomb and retrieve something from it.
47091I have no objection. The tomb has been a sore point for far too long, and if anyone can do something about that, I am sure you are the one.
47092But I am concerned about what you may retrieve. The mantle... it belongs to an ancestor of two families, although each is sure to claim it as theirs alone.
47093This can end only in bloodshed. I cannot offer the gold that the nobles have, but in the name of peace, I ask that you bring the mantle to me once it is found.
47094I will not force you to, however... perhaps things are not as bad as I fear. But I shall leave your actions to your conscience.
47095Greetings, <CHARNAME>, how goes the... quest in the tomb? Do you bring the mantle to me, so that this feud of the Lurraxols and the Alibakkars may be ended?
47096No, I do not have the mantle with me.
47097I have the mantle, but I cannot give it to you, Lord Logan.
47098Yes, I have the mantle... take it so that my involvement with these families is done.
47099Ah, I see. I pray that you will be able to retrieve it, <CHARNAME>. Trademeet has seen enough bloodshed; we do not need these nobles adding to it.
47100I... see. As you wish, <CHARNAME>. You have done enough for my town that I am forced to trust your instincts. I simply hope that nothing ill comes of this.
47101Thank you. Here is some coin... I know it is not as much as you might have received from those families. Still... it is the right thing to do. Thank you.
47102Begone from my sight, <CHARNAME>. You have given the mantle... my own family's property... to Lord Logan. He has no right to it, and you are a fool... and not welcome in my home.
47103Get out of my house! You gave the mantle to Lord Logan, didn't you?! Fool! What is HE supposed to do with it?! Now we'll never get what is rightfully ours! Bah!
47104Well, I'll be on my way, then.
47105Well, I'll be on my way, then.
47106As you wish. Stay out of trouble, you, or you'll be facing the consequences.
47107Brus'll be waiting for ye outside. He's me nephew, an' he'll show you to the Copper Coronet. Ye'll find work easily enough there, ye will.
47108Fare ye well, then... an' give me greetings to Lehtinan if ye happens by 'im, heh...
47109When casting the reverse of healing spells (such as Cause Wounds), the priest must roll to hit the target. Otherwise, the spell is wasted.
47110A Mage will lose 1 point of Constitution permanently if <PRO_HISHER> familiar dies.
47111Halfling Man
47112Suit yerself, I s'pose. I gots better things to do, 'at's fer sure!
47113Halfling Man
47114Err... yes. Hello. My name be Salvanas... you would not have any sensuously beautiful female companions I might become familiar with, hmmm?
47115I am Salvanas, conqueror of women and renowned around Faerûn for my skill at love... but obviously, you and I have nothing further to say to one another, I am sure.
47116Ain't got much time for talking. It's business as usual 'round here. If you want service, just ask.
47117Actually, maybe I'll just see what you have on tap.
47118Actually, maybe I'll just see what you have on tap.
47119Let me see what you have on tap, then.
47120Let me see what you have on tap, then.
47121Let me see what you have on tap, then.
47122Let me see what you have on tap, then.
47123This is a simple stuffed children's toy. It depicts the mischievous Littleman from halfling legend. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47124This is a simple stuffed children's bear. It depicts the mischievous Littleman from halfling legend. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47125It's somewhat difficult to tell, but you suspect that this is the body of Inspector Aegisfield. It looks as if the tanner caught him off guard when the inspector entered the house to investigate your findings. STATISTICS: Weight: 50
47126This is a piece of red cloth that Tirdir claimed to have torn off of his captor's clothing. Perhaps you should keep watch for a man in red as you move through the city. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47127A high-quality pair of silver pantaloons. This was the ransom paid by Welther for the release of Lady Elgea. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47128A vial of blood collected from Quallo's pet carrion crawler. You can't help feeling guilty for having had to kill his true friend. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47129This is the ring that you've obtained from two entwined skeletons. It was on the finger of the woman's remains. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47130This is a desiccated hand that you found in the sewers. Despite the moisture, the flesh has not rotted away. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47131This is a Staff of Goodberries that belonged to the kobold shaman in the sewers below the slums. STATISTICS: Charge abilities: – Create Goodberries once per day Damage: 1d6 (crushing) Speed Factor: 4 Proficiency Type: Quarterstaff Type: Two-handed Requires: 5 Strength Weight: 4
47132This is the body of Montaron, the compatriot of Xzar the wizard. It looks as if the Harpers hid it so that they could trick Xzar into taking the bird that became his demise. STATISTICS: Weight: 60
47133This is a lock of Jaheira's hair. Somehow, this was used by the baron to curse her. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47134This is the key given to you by Gaal. It will open the door to the lower levels of the dungeon where you can find one half of the Rift Device. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47135A holy symbol is a physical representation of a god's power. This symbol depicts a worshipper raising his hands to the sky. A beam of light envelops the worshipper. This piece seems to be one third of a circle. If you find the other two pieces, you will have the complete symbol. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47136Sun Ray Symbol
47137Dawn's Light Symbol
47138A holy symbol is a physical representation of a god's power. This symbol depicts a stylized sunrise. This piece seems to be one third of a circle. If you find the other two pieces, you will have the complete symbol. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47139Lightstone Symbol
47140A holy symbol is a physical representation of a god's power. This symbol depicts a lightstone on a pedestal. The rays from the lightstone destroy creatures of shadow. This piece seems to be one third of a circle. If you find the other two pieces, you will have the complete symbol. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47141This is the key that you found in the ruined chapel of the complex in the Windspear Hills. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47142Gold has been placed in your keep.
47143Once the Ogre's Sword was returned to Aerie, the illusion was dispelled. You can now see the sword for what it actually is: the key to Aerie's chains. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47144This is the master key to Nalia's keep. It should open most of the doors in the fortress. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47145Disc
47146A simple metal rod. You can't fathom what use it might have. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47147This rod is actually a key of strange design. This key was found on the warden's body in the strange extraplanar prison the Raelis and Haer'Dalis were taken to. It is most likely the key to the prisoners' cell. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47148This is a metal key of unique design. Judging from its shape, the lock that it fits must be impossible to pick. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47149This odd key fits a secret door in the Shadow Thieves' lair. This door leads to the Shadowmaster, Aran Linvail's, abode. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47150Shadow Thief Prison Key
47151This key was found on the Shadow Thief jailor, Booter. It most likely is the key to the cells. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47152This is the key to the tomb of King Strohm III. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47153This key was obtained from the Shadow Jailor. It can be used to open the prison cells in the Shadow Dungeon. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47154The three holy symbols connected to form this disc, the Symbol of Amaunator. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47155An ornate, leather-bound tome. STATISTICS: Weight: 3
47156This is a magical gem of some sort. Raelis Shai from the Five Flagons Tavern in the Bridge District is said to desire gem of this description and will reward whomever brings it to her. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47157This is a Planar Stone, an item of some power. The gem can open a lesser conduit between the planes for those that know how to use it. However, planar travel by this means isn't as safe as spells of similar nature. Raelis Shai from the Five Flagons Tavern in the Bridge District is said to desire the gem and will reward whomever brings it to her. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47158This key will open the sealed tomb in the Trademeet Cemetery. The tomb used to be the place of burial for Trademeet's elite but has been sealed off for many years because of "trouble" from within. STATISTICS: Weight: 0
47159A golden circlet found within the sealed tomb in Trademeet's cemetery. The circlet is tarnished with age but one can still make out Waukeen's symbol on the circlet. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47160This is a flask of blood taken from the body of a silver dragon. The blood is unusually heavy and swirls in a peculiar manner. STATISTICS: Weight: 5
47161This is the head of the rakshasa Ihtafeer. STATISTICS: Weight: 12
47162This catapult looks as if it has seen recent use, but is now battered beyond repair.
47163Slice onion, crush garlic, peel chestnuts, and cut boar into tiny cubes. In a greatpot over large flame, heat oil; when it begins to smell hot, toss in the elk feces, then pour in horse urine. Mmmmmm... can you smell great food already? Maybe use different stuff for stew if boar not available. Flesh of genies from tomb would work well. Could use wolf men in west dungeon. Hmmm. If only I could avoid air monster in the well, then the well treasure would be MINE! Then could buy any stuff for stew I wanted!
47164Rabbit
47165At first look, this seems to be just a shattered piece of pottery. Closer examination reveals that this is a single piece of King Strohm the Third's burial mask. With all of the pieces, it would be possible to reconstruct the mask. What good this would do, you do not know. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47166Rabbit
47167Moose
47168Moose
47169Snake
47170Snake
47171Completed Mask
47172Completed Mask
47173This is the reconstructed mask of King Strohm the Third. When you place it on your face, the entire world becomes tinted with odd colors. Perhaps this mask will allow you to see something that you hadn't been able to before, but its use beyond that seems questionable. STATISTICS: Weight: 1
47174Boo needs to know, did you want us to remain with the group?
47175Yes, Minsc. Don't go anywhere.
47176No, I think you should go.
47177Lair of the Cult Outcasts
47178Caravan Driver
47179Caravan Driver
47180Raafee
47181Raafee
47182Salahee
47183Salahee
47184Mastav
47185Mastav
47186Kveroslava
47187Kveroslava
47188Jidek
47189Jidek
47190Rinin
47191Adamantite Golem
47192Rinin
47193Adamantite Golem
47194And be sure you've fire or acid at your hand. Trolls cannot be dispatched by any other means.
47195You look funny. Mama says you're not one of the Rom.
47196Papa says we're going to be going home soon. I like the forests better. The trees are so big, and the elves people treat us real nice.
47197We used to have great big parties with the other Rom families. Papa says a lot of them have died now. Killed by wild animals, Papa says. Why would the animals do that?
47198I don't like it here. The people aren't Rom, and they're mean.
47199You're not an elf, and you're really short. And you got hair on your feet. What kind of person are you?
47200Trolls are dangerous enough... I have heard they are permanently killed only by fire or acid. I don't know a thing about the other creatures.
47201Have you never seen a halfling before, child? Sweet Arvoreen, I didn't think that would be possible in this part of the world.
47202Mama doesn't let me go out much. Mama says she doesn't want me to learn city ways.
47203Juggernaut Golem
47204Juggernaut Golem
47205You look like an awfully mean person. Mama says you can see a lot about someone by the shape of their face, and you got a mean-shaped face, mister.
47206They are nasty, right? I know trolls can only be permanently killed by fire or acid, but those snake things look even meaner. Why would they come here?
47207Comment on the shape of my face again, brat, and you'll quickly discover just how mean I can be! (Observant little urchin, isn't he?)
47208We had lots of elves back home in the forests, but none like you. Why is your skin so black? Why aren't any of the other elves a pretty black like you?
47209That is more of a question than you know, child. Suffice it to say that a tiny rivvil like yourself would not wish to meet more of my kind.
47210Sand Golem
47211You're an elf! We had lots of elves in the forest! They were real nice. I don't remember any of them being sad, though... why are you so sad?
47212Sand Golem
47213Sad? Oh... oh, what a darling boy you are. I'm not that sad, really... it is not for a young boy such as you to worry about. You should think of happier things.
47214Hoi there, my <LADYLORD>. You all are adventurers, aren't you? My name's Jidek, and I intend to be a great warrior adventurer, just as soon as my parents let me leave.
47215Something strange up here. Be careful, this place has all manner of dangerous devices in it. I don't know what they do, but I know we would be safer if we shut them off.
47216I can't wait to get out of here, stranger. I, for one, think that the Rom life is boring.
47217We should look in that room to the west first, west and just a bit north. I think I saw some weapons in there. It's a room off the corner of this one.
47218You don't know anything, boy. You will regret leaving our people... just as we would be saddened by the loss of a strong lad like yourself.
47219I know you keep saying that, Papa, but I need to learn it for myself. There's a whole world out there that I've never seen!
47220Do you smell that? Smells like lightning, but indoors? That can't be right. I think I remember. Look to the right... the machine making the storm...
47221Well, if you think life out there is so wonderful, boy, then perhaps you should go!
47222*sigh* I don't think it's wonderful, Papa, I... I... oh, never mind.
47223Have you seen many wonderful things in your travels, stranger? I hear the city of Athkatla is so huge it could hold a million people! And the streets there are littered with gold coins that the nobles just throw away!
47224Do not be silly, my son. Athkatla is a dark and dirty place where the Rom are not welcome. You would be disappointed, I think.
47225Well, how do you know, Mama, if you've never been there?
47226Don't speak to your mother in such a manner!
47227But—! I never talked to her like—! I just—
47228No! Enough, Jidek!
47229I know because I know, my son. One day, you will be old enough that you may go there, if you wish. But you will see that I am telling the truth.
47230Well, what do you think, stranger? Is the City of Coin really so bad as my mother says?
47231Yes, it is. You would do well to stay away from there.
47232It is a difficult and dirty place, Jidek. But it is not a terrible place to live, if one chooses to.

Incendar.com, Incendar, Incendar Gaming, Incendar Coding, Incendium, Incendius, Incendara, Incendario, Mincendar © Incendar 2004-2019 RSS Feed

Sitemap